6 fun activities for summer 2023

With summer coming up and the weather finally becoming warm again, the countdown to our three months of freedom has begun. Everyone’s summer looks different, but whether you are traveling, sports, visiting the beach, or just relaxing, it should be a restful break. Here are six summer activity recommendations to get you started on a great summer ‘23. 

1. Have a beach picnic: The beach is always a good place to go on a hot summer day, and what is better than eating good food at the same time. With this time off, you can get together with some friends and have a fun day together. Plus, you get the beautiful ocean surrounding you! You could even make it a potluck where everyone has to bring one part of the meal!

2. Visit a rage room: Everyone has anger, even if it isn’t about that test you just got back, and this is a great way to get it out. A rage room is a great group activity, allowing for each member to get a lot of pent-up feelings out. 

3. Exchange friendship bracelets: Even though it takes a long time to make each one, friendship bracelets are a good way to appreciate the people you care about. They look really cute once they are done, and each one holds a special memory for you, and for the person you give it to. You can exchange them over the course of the summer with others, collecting them on your wrists.

4. Buy a film camera: Film photos look really cool, and they are really enjoyable to take. Take a film camera around with your friends for a week or so, and everyone will thank you later. Also, it is just interesting to capture people in moments of joy!

5. Go skateboarding at night: One of my personal favorite things to do, running around (or maybe even skateboarding) at night feels blissful. Bonus points if the sky is pretty or if you end up really far from the house you started from.

6. Go on a hike: Many people don’t really appreciate it, but Los Angeles has great hiking trails! Especially through the Hollywood Hills or parts of the Santa Monica Mountains, there are some great views. A hike is also a great way to get active while spending time with others, or just while appreciating nature.

Have a great summer, and try to think of some unique ways to connect with others while you are at it!