Holiday gifts that sleigh

With the holiday season around the corner, it’s that time of year to scramble for gifts. Simplify the stressful gift-giving season by finding gifts that everyone will enjoy. Here’s a perfect list that you can customize.

New shoes

With a new year, a new pair of shoes is a fantastic gift, especially if someone is looking to expand their wardrobe. Some pairs that work with many outfits are the Ugg Tasmans, Nike Air Forces, New Balance 550s and Adidas Sambas. 

Gift cards

If you’re struggling to find a gift and are questioning your gifting capabilities, don’t take the risk. Instead, get them a gift card they are guaranteed to love. There are so many options to choose from, whether it’s from Sephora, Barnes & Noble or Zara. 

Stanley Tumblers

Stanley Tumblers have to be included on this list. The Quencher model is perfect for those who want to stay trendy, with many different colors that you can personalize. 

Peppermint bark

Do you feel like the gift you chose for someone is missing a little something? With this small and easy treat, you can add a touch of sweetness. Make peppermint bark for the holidays. The Dinner at the Zoo recipe only calls for peppermint oil, chocolate and candy canes, and you can always modify it to your liking.

Baseball caps

If you know someone who’s looking to accessorize their outfits, a baseball cap might do the trick. Not only do they range in different colors, but there are also different designs to choose from. Some popular brands include Yankee baseball hats, Nike and Adidas.

Blankets

What better way is there to spend a cold day than cuddled up under a nice blanket? To make this a reality, gift a loved one a blanket this year. Whether it’s from the Marlborough student store or crocheted, it’s a cozy present.

Hoodies

Although Los Angeles doesn’t have a significant change in seasons, that doesn’t mean we can’t have hoodie weather! Some places where you can get cute hoodies include Aritzia, Urban Outfitters and Madhappy. 

Candles

Candles have been a go-to gift choice in recent years, owing to the growing popularity of aromatherapy. Candles not only provide soft, ambient lighting, but to some, they also provide a therapeutic experience through their various scents. Some places you can buy a candle are Cost Plus World Market or ​​Diptyque on Larchmont. (Or perhaps you can pick up a new hobby, candle making!) 

DIY gifts

Of course, we can’t end this list without suggesting a DIY project. It’s the thought that counts. With the popularity of crocheting and knitting, there are numerous guides available online to help you make your own gifts. Anything handmade — whether scarves, stuffed animals or tote bags — is always a sentimental gift.