Going out with a splash

The long anticipated Aqua Day, organized by Middle School Council and featuring aquatic sports, activities and games on Booth Field and in Caldwell Pool, is scheduled to take place on May 24 during A period and lunch.

Middle School Vice President Anna ’14 and Middle School President Colleen ’14 worked with math instructor and 7th Grade Level Dean Sandra O’Connor for the past three months planning this event.

According to Anna, there will be a water slide, pizza, pool toys, music and games, including a sponge pass and relay races in Caldwell Pool. Marlborough School Charitable Fund (MSCF) will also be selling Jamba Juice.

The Middle School Council raised money to provide the slide and the food at Dip ‘N Dots sales throughout the year, as well as through the Middle School bake sale, which took place in early May and raised over $550.

“I’m very excited. I really hope it stays warm because that will just make it more fun,” Anna said.

As most Middle School students know, last year’s Aqua Day was not as successful as it could have been due to the cloudy weather. But this year holds new promises, as the weather for May 24 is “sunny with a high of 75 and a low of 59,” according to weather. com.

Theri ’16 said that she did not care about how last year’s Aqua Day went, but she said she was enthusiastic about the upcoming day. “I’m excited to enjoy a day full of fun!” Theri said.

In case the weather is cloudy and cold like last year, the back-up plan is watching a movie in Caswell Hall. However, Samara ’15 said that watching a movie on Aqua Day last year was somewhat disappointing.

“I’m honestly not too excited for Aqua Day because last year it wasn’t a super fun day for me. I’m sure that this year will be more fun if I go on the slides,” Samara said.

Many ninth graders said they have high expectations for Aqua Day. “I just hope it’s really fun and sunny since this is our last year [as Middle Schoolers]!” Sloane ’14 said.

So, don’t forget to bring your swim suit and towel on Tuesday, May 24, and be sure to hope for a sunny day with lots of smiles.