How the cookie crumbles…

By Juliana ’24

When I hear someone say February, the first thing I think of is Girl Scout cookies. Every time my mom goes to the grocery store, I beg her to get me a box of these delicious treats in the stand outside of the market she goes to. With so many different types of cookies, it can be overwhelming. Here is my ranked list of recommendations to help you out! 

S’mores: 2/10 

The Girl Scout cookie in last place is definitely the S’mores cookie. Having never tried it before, the S’mores cookie initially intrigued me, because S’mores are my favorite summer dessert. However, the second I bit into the cookie, I was disappointed and even disgusted. It immediately tasted artificial. The overwhelming sweetness was overpowering and tasted sweeter than a normal S’more. It was so rich that after only one bite I felt slightly sick to my stomach. Additionally, the cookie had a bad aftertaste that lingered in my mouth. 

Lemon Ups: 4/10

To be honest, I am not the biggest lemon lover, so I was a bit skeptical about this Girl Scout cookie. However, this cookie was better than I expected. I enjoyed the hint of lemon, but I would have loved a more powerful lemon flavor. If a cookie is going to be called Lemon Ups, I want a much stronger lemon taste. The cookie was also extremely dry and left me in desperate need of water. It had a chalky texture and an underwhelming flavor. If you are a lemon fanatic, you are going to be disappointed. 

Do-Si-Dos: 5/10

Do-Si-Dos is the peanut butter Girl Scout cookie. There is a creamy inside with a crunchy outside, making for a pleasant texture without being too dry. It has a nice accent of peanut butter, but isn’t too overwhelming. It is pretty much your generic peanut butter cookie. While not being  anything special, I would consider eating this cookie again. 

Trefoils: 6/10 

These are simple sugar cookies. Although it initially seemed dry, the cookie was soft and melted nicely in my mouth. It’s a nice simple cookie with a subtle sweetness. These can easily be eaten one at a time or in groups of three, depending on your mood. These are good for picky eaters or anyone who doesn’t want to try bold types of cookies. A cookie made for everyone. 

Tagalong 6/10

If you are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup lover, you will love these. Tagalongs are crunchy, vanilla cookies layered with peanut butter and covered in chocolate. Although some people may think they are too rich, I enjoy the two flavors together. The textures of the peanut butter and chocolate make for a pleasant experience, unlike the other cookies. Although having too many may make you sick, a few in moderation make for a great after-dinner snack. These are perfect for chocolate and peanut butter lovers. 

Adventufuls: 7/10 

Described as an indulgent brownie-inspired cookie topped with caramel flavored crème with a hint of sea salt, Adventufuls are higher up on my list of Girl Scout cookies. The cookie has the perfect level of sweetness and an ideal chocolate taste. The flavors of chocolate and caramel are balanced and make for a good eating experience. The texture of the cookie with its creamy topping creates a perfect texture that dissolves in your mouth. 

Samoa: 9/10 

I love Samoas! These have always been a top favorite of mine. This crisp cookie has caramel, coconut and dark chocolate stripes. I can have one or 10 at a time; they are always a hit. The crunchiness of the Samoa is a perfect consistency and the coconut adds a lovely flavor to the cookie. Even if you are not a coconut lover, people seem to love these and they are a fan favorite. They are my second favorite and will always have a place in my heart. 

Thin Mint: 10/10 

And finally… Thin Mints. These are, and will always be, a 10/10. They have always been a staple in my household. They are the perfect mint chocolate combo with the ideal balance. Put them in the freezer and they make for an even better-tasting experience. They are not too sweet and don’t make you feel sick if you eat a lot at the same time. Eat two after dinner and they are the perfect dessert. These are my forever favorite.