Springing trends

That’s haute

Courtesy of RUi©.

It’s spring season baby! Temperatures are rising as are people’s skirts. With the new season comes new trends let’s take a look into my favorite few. 

Business Casual 

This trend has been a staple in the business world, but is making its way into the lives of everyone’s closets. With the resurgence of people going back to work and school, the newest look is mixing more casual items like white tees and tight crop tops with dressed-up business suits. This trend can manifest in many ways. People could pair tailored trousers with a blazer and a neutral-colored bra top or t-shirt. Another pairing could be an oversized suit set with bright pops of color and sneakers. Honestly, any way you wear this will look effortlessly chic. Some of my favorite brands who have been doing this are Alexa Chung which is a classic take, Lattelier which has a minimalistic style and Frankie Shop which has bolder designs. 

As you can probably tell l love this trend because it is very accessible since you can find a suit set or blazer at almost any thrift store. It requires little effort and is quite comfortable for a put-together look. I could see myself wearing jeans, an oversized blazer, platform sneakers and a statement top. 

Hardcore Cutouts 

I think this trend has already been popping up during the winter and has been seen on countless celebrities from Kendall Jenner to Kate Holmes. Although cutouts have never really cycled out, I predict that this spring the cutouts will be a little more extreme. I’m thinking that there will be a lot less fabric and a lot more skin exposed. A few of my current favorite cut out pieces are from the following brands: RUi which has delicate webbed designed tops and tights, Poster Girl which has statement colors and designs on their dresses, GAUGE81 which has simple and modern knits, Mônot which features sleek and form-fitting garments, and Miaou which utilizes unique patterns on their pants. 

Cutouts also look good because they can go with every fabric. I feel like normal cutouts can also be worn out into the summer and won’t go out of style. My prediction is that the extreme version of this trend might be a little harder to wear because the cutouts are so revealing. I recently convinced my sister to buy a dress from Poster Girl for her 21st birthday and it looked amazing. However, it wasn’t really a piece that she could wear every day, and it was more of a special occasion dress. She was also a little afraid to move because there were so many gaps and she didn’t want to get charged with indecent exposure. Even though this trend is fun and can be worn many ways, I think I will stick to the less hardcore cutouts for now, just for the sake of function and not wanting to wear double-sided tape everywhere.