Crepes and Community

Claire ’23 poses with her crepe.

On Wednesday, Nov. 3, juniors held their annual pajama breakfast in the Alumnae Garden. Students were served crepes and made beaded bracelets with their classmates. This year was different from years prior because it was just for the students, not their mothers. 

The event was organized by a few mothers of students in the class: Valerie, Heather ‘88 and Megan. Heather ‘88 expressed her enjoyment at being able to organize the event, after having attended it in 2019 with her oldest daughter, Betsy ‘21. 

“Although the event in previous years was for mothers and daughters, it was really special to see just the class bond during the breakfast,” said Heather ‘88.

The juniors had options of various sweet or savory crepes.

“As someone who doesn’t normally eat breakfast because I’m running late, the nutella crepes were such a nice pick-me-up during a stressful week,” Claire ‘23 said. 

The trend of beaded bracelets inspired the parent committee to incorporate making them into the event, where students exchanged friendship bracelets with their classmates.

“My friends and I made bracelets with our names on it as little reminders that we always have each other’s backs, and the bracelets are also really cute, which is a plus,” said Cassidy ‘23.

Furthermore, the parents took charge of the event which relieved the stress of the junior class council members, who had previously planned most of the community days thus far.

“I, along with the rest of the junior council, really enjoyed the event particularly because we did not have to worry about all of the details, as we’ve had to do for every community day this year so far,” said junior class president, Sheridan ‘23.

The junior class have had a variety of community days, and Hill expresses how she was able to enjoy the activities rather than being on the planning side.

“We were all just able to relax and have fun with our classmates while eating amazing crepes and making bracelets, and I am so thankful that this event was able to happen this year,” said Sheridan ‘23.