Welcome to Politics

Welcome to Politics

Dear Mustangs,

With the 2024 presidential election just over a year away, the UltraViolet has decided to launch a politics section to provide students with an opportunity to acquire a more thorough understanding of election news. Our staff will cover the political sphere as it relates to our school. Students will be able to submit and publish their own political opinions and learn more about current events surrounding the United States government.

Our articles will focus on our country’s lively and fractured political landscape and upcoming elections. Recently, Republican presidential candidates have been working to build their platforms while also going head-to-head with the Democratic Party and President Joe Biden. Vivek Ramaswamy has gained a surprising amount of momentum coming off of recent GOP debates. Meanwhile, former President Donald Trump, facing four indictments, has been absent from the political sphere while still leading the polls. To add to this already eventful political environment, Rep. Kevin McCarthy, who was ousted as the speaker of the House on Oct. 3, directed three committees to begin an impeachment inquiry into President Biden last month.

With U.S. politics buckling up for a busy, unpredictable year, we will strive to cover each piece of breaking news. Our team will gather student opinions and interviews from politicians and journalists. These diverse angles will culminate in our politics articles. We also plan to travel to the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucuses in mid-January 2024 to report live from the scene. This trip is a launching point for the year of coverage to follow. Come election night, the UV plans to be a trusted source for breaking news updates. 

While a majority of Marlborough students aren’t eligible to vote, it’s still important to be involved and stay up-to-date with U.S. politics. Elections are history in the making, and as journalists, it is our main goal to report the news and facts to the Marlborough community. This is just the beginning of UV Politics, and we cannot wait for what’s to come. 

Looking forward to a great year,

Dalton ’24 and Channing ’25