Top 3 boba spots in LA

By Ria ’26 and Cara Huang ’26

For many at Marlborough, even uttering the word “boba” can make heads turn. Whether you’re in the mood for milk tea, fruit tea or a smoothie, you can find some of the best boba shops in Los Angeles to satisfy your desire. But which serves the best boba? Although this was a challenging and expensive task, we came up with a guide to the top three boba places in LA. We carefully chose boba shops with easily accessible locations for Marlborough students. Stop by one of these shops the next time you’re craving a sweet delicious drink and let us know how we did.

1. Sharetea

This boba shop is ranked number one on our list for a reason. A well-known chain in over 13 countries, Sharetea always gets your drink just right. The biggest thing that stands out for us is Sharetea’s consistency. Their boba is the perfect texture, and their drinks are always refreshing and provide an energy boost for the rest of the day. All in all, Sharetea has a special place in our hearts because of its convenience and reliability.  

Recommended drinks: mango passionfruit tea and fresh milk tea.

2. Redstraw Tea Bar

Whether you’re at Century City Mall hanging out with your friends or just want a pre-dinner treat with your family, Redstraw is a must-have. While some people may be intimidated by Redstraw’s long lines, keep in mind that it’s a sign of a good boba shop. The iconic milk tea, which is made with a homemade black  tea blend and organic milk, never fails to hit the spot.Also, boba fans can customize their order to create their dream drink. From first-hand experience, we know that a day at the Century City Mall is not the same without Redstraw.

Recommended drinks: mango mojito and milk tea.

3. Yi Fang

We’re going to say it right here: Yi Fang’s fruit teas are the best you’re going to get. Their teas are highly authentic to Taiwan, and no matter which fruit tea you buy, you’ll get whole pieces of fruit in your cup with bursts of sweet flavor that brings an all-around heart-warming feeling. While their boba is very good, keep in mind that they only use mini boba pearls in their drinks. We highly, highly recommend you pay a visit to Yi Fang.

Recommended drinks: Yi Fang fruit tea and pineapple green tea