Faculty artists show their stuff

Faculty artists came together to display their work in an annual gallery show. Due to COVID-19, Marlborough was not able to host guest artists, so the Visual Arts Department took the opportunity to display their work and the variety of media specialties in their department. The gallery show opens on August 30 and will be on display until October 1st. Other artists featured in the show include Sarah Beadle, Daphna Lapidot, and Kathy Rea.

Pieces from a series titled “(Inadvertent) Collaboration” by Fatima Hoang. Stoneware, porcelain, glaze and gold luster.
“Bending Over Backwards” created by Chelsea Dean, explores issues surrounding femininity and is part of a larger project by Dean. Found imagery, vintage wallpaper and graphite on paper.
“When I close my eyes” is a piece by Danielle Ashton about surrendering and finding comfort in the collections we gather. Ceramic, acrylic paint, driftwood and shell.
“Validation” is the first chapter of a web series about a parking attendant and her midlife crisis. It is written, directed and photographed by Jena English.