Staff Spotlight: Claudia Mena

Claudia Mena, one of the many friendly members of the janitorial staff, has been working at Marlborough since 2008 (almost 15 years). She considers herself to be a very happy person and encourages everyone else to be optimistic and kind. She is often found around Marlborough on the second floor where she ensures the classrooms, CEI, Collins, bathrooms and other offices are spotless for students and staculty to enjoy. Without her help, Marlborough would be unable to remain spotless and tidy.

Sundial Staff

Q: Can you tell me about your family? 

Mena: “I have three kids, two girls and one boy. My daughters are 32 and 18, and my son is 26.”

Q: Do you have any pets? 

Mena: “Yes! I have a 10-year-old husky named Keanu. We have had him for almost 10 years now and I love him very much!”      

Q: What do you like to do in your free time?

Mena: “I love taking walks. In the summer I try to walk as much as I can. When my kids are home, I really enjoy walking with them. Also, when it warms up a little more in the summer, I really like to swim.” 

Q: What is your favorite part of the Marlborough community? 

Mena: “The girls! They are always so polite and kind. I love them all so much!” 

Q: What was your favorite subject in school?

Mena: “Ever since I was little, I always liked my art classes.” 

Q: What do you like to do with your family?

Mena: “Only two of my kids live in California, so it is difficult to see them often. I like to spend as much time with them as possible, but it can be very tricky. When they are all here, I like to walk and have dinners with them.”

Q: Favorite song/genre/music taste

Mena: “I don’t have a favorite type of music. I just like listening to everything!”