Staff Spotlight: Teresa Jones

Teresa Jones has been working in Cafe M for seven months now. Her job includes prepping, cooking and working at the register. She describes herself as beautiful, intelligent and kind. 

Q: Can you tell me about your family? 

Jones: There are five of us. I live with my three kids and husband. I have a set of twins, a boy and a girl, who are ten and a half and a 12 year old daughter. My husband is a very good father. He’s a friend and takes very good care of his children. I have a wonderful family.  

Q: What is something you enjoy doing?

Jones: I really enjoy helping out at my church and giving back. I cook the last Sunday of every month to feed the community at my church. I used to be a Sunday school teacher, and I sang in the choir for about six years, but unfortunately, that had to stop because of the pandemic.   

Q: What is a hobby of yours?

Jones: I like to cook. I like making greens and cornbread. My favorite time of the year is around Thanksgiving and Christmas because we get to bring out the old family recipes that belonged to my grandmother and great-grandmother.  

Q: What is your favorite part of the Marlborough community? 

Jones: I love all the students. There are so many different personalities, hair colors and people. Everybody is so different, and I just love it.   

Q: What was your favorite subject in school?

Jones: I have always loved math.  

Q: What is your favorite movie or TV show?  

Jones: I like drama movies and TV shows. I just finished watching “Sisters” and “The Oval”. 

Q: What do you like to do with your family?

Jones: My girls and I love going to the beach. We love to take out our little chairs and umbrellas, and they play in the sand. It’s so peaceful. 

Q: What did you do before Marlborough?

Jones: I worked at Ralphs Service Deli for three years and before that, I worked at Ralphs pharmacy for 10 years.   

Q: Do you have any special talents or skills?

Jones: Yes! I braid hair and do makeup. I’ve been braiding hair since I was 13. I used to braid hair on the side, and now, I’m teaching my daughter to do hair as well. 

Q: Favorite song/genreJones: I like a lot of R&B, gospel and soothing music.