Jonas Bros Are Breakin Up, Breakin Up For You Baby

Photo by flikr user <3 Jonas Brothers <3

The Jonas Brothers are breaking up?! I can’t be the only one who cried a little inside when I heard this. For most teenage girls today, the Jonas Brothers were the essence of their childhood. The cause of the breakup is still unclear. The brothers are telling press that they are breaking up due to disagreements between the brothers about the future direction of the band, but there are rumors that Joe Jonas has recently developed a substance abuse problem, which would also explain the breakup. Regardless, there is no doubt in my mind that when the lyrics, “I’m slipping into the lava, and I’m tryin’ to keep from going under” are sung, almost all of us would be able to effortlessly complete the chorus to the Jo Bros classic, “Burnin’ Up.”

The possibility of the Jonas Brothers’s breakup was first announced on TMZ on Oct. 9. According to a source close to the band, the band had “lost its identity” because all three of the brothers have been moving in their own directions. The band even cancelled their sold-out tour of 19 concerts just two days before it was supposed to begin!

The following week, Joe Jonas was photographed multiple times with Mike Bayer, a substance-abuse and mental-health coach and the founder/CEO of Cast Recovery Services. He is “well known for quickly responding to crisis situations” according to TMZ, and has also worked with Demi Lovato in the past. Later that week, he was also photographed leaving the Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood with Kevin Jonas after meeting with the entire band.

But it gets worse. Immediately after announcing the cancellation of their tour, the Jonas Brothers deleted their Twitter page; by the end of the week, Joe had been photographed two more times with the addiction specialist.

Whether or not Joe Jonas has a serious addiction problem, it is clear that the Jo Bros will no longer be Burnin’ Up like they used to.