The Perfect Music for Fall

Photo by flikr user Jesse Grubbs
Photo by flikr user Jesse Grubbs

September is a huge time of the year for concerts and new music releases. This fall, artists ranging from Arcade Fire to Paul McCartney are releasing new tracks that will inspire and motivate you during the school year.

On Sep. 10, The Arctic Monkeys released their fifth studio album, AM, breaking chart records by selling 157,000 copies in the first week. The album is incredible. The sound is a cohesive blend of beautiful acoustics, catchy rhythms, and clever lyrics. It is perfect for long car rides, daydreaming, or simply putting you in a good mood.

On October 8, American rock band Of Montreal will be releasing an album entitled lousy with sylvianbriar. (Yes, it’s in lower case on purpose.) The opening track on the record, “fugitive air,” was released in July and offers a preview of the upcoming album. Its psychedelic, nostalgic vibe keeps us wanting more.

Also on October 8, popular indie-rock band Cage the Elephant will release a new album. This highly-anticipated record, Melophobia, is David Bowie-inspired, and if it is anything like the band’s other albums, it is sure to be original and instantly memorable. Their released track, “Come a Little Closer,” is mellow–funk, jazz, and lots of acoustics for your relaxation.

Some other artists coming out with new music this fall include The Head and the Heart, The Avett Brothers, Icona Pop, MGMT, and Elton John.