How to park on Larchmont

By Rebecca ’23

So you’ve decided to indulge that craving for a Kreation acai miracle or to follow your urge for a freshly toasted and buttered bagel from Sam’s. Car keys in hand, friends in tow, you floor the gas two blocks east to the stomping ground of Marlborough girls: Larchmont Boulevard. As a notoriously slow driver and a famously atrocious parker, I have found parking on Larchmont Boulevard to be nothing short of a nightmare. Between cars stalled illegally in the left-hand turn lane and the chaotic symphony of honking and shouting, one can hardly think, let alone maneuver a vehicle backwards between two white lines. Nevertheless, I have learned to navigate the clustered pedestrian walkways and microscopic street parking spots with grace and poise and will share with you my tips on how to park on Larchmont.

1. Larchmont and Lucerne? Same thing.

Adjacent to the clutter of Larchmont Boulevard is the quiet, peaceful Lucerne Boulevard. Park here beneath dappled sunlight and golden oak trees, free of charge and stress.

2. Play it safe with public parking.

Instead of stalling illegally in the parking lot behind Tailwaggers and Tailwashers, opt for the adjacent public parking lot. Though more costly than other solutions, the public parking lot is perhaps the easiest way to find parking on Larchmont. Just make sure to avoid it on Wednesdays and Sundays, when it becomes a farmer’s market.

3. Make a trip to Rite Aid and thank me later.

Before picking up your Wine and Cheese sandwich, why not kill two birds with one stone? That stick of deodorant you keep forgetting to order on Amazon? Your forgetfulness is starting to stink. Purchase it at Rite Aid, validate your parking ticket and enjoy the easily
accessible Rite Aid parking lot for free. 

4. Don’t!

Instead of contributing to greenhouse gas emissions and giving up your perfect parking spot on Arden, consider hot-girl walking your way over to Larchmont instead. Revel in Hancock Park’s beautiful fall
foliage as you lower your stress levels and raise your heart rate.