Girls and women are always searching for the best new beauty tips. How can we make our skin look the softest and the brightest? How can we get that perfect shine or wave in our hair? Questions such as these are what drive women’s interest in new, interesting beauty tips that are worth trying.
Here are 10 odd but fascinating beauty tips that have been said to work.
1) Cut raw, peeled potatoes in half and place them over your eyes for 10 minutes to reduce puffiness under and around your eyes. The potato will cause the swelling to decrease!
2) Wash your face with honey. The honey will remove makeup and work as an anti-inflammatory.
3) If you don’t have a deep conditioner, you can use mayonnaise as a substitute.
4) If you have a bad sunburn, take a warm bath in really strong black tea. The tannic acid in the tea will take away the sting and the swelling.
5) Before you wash your hair, let olive oil soak into your hair for 10 minutes. This adds nutrients and healthy fats to your roots, and functions as a deep conditioning treatment that will make your hair much silkier.
6) Use strawberries to help whiten your teeth! Take a strawberry and rub it into your teeth. Or, you can brush your teeth with mashed up strawberry. It has been said that after you do this a few times, your teeth should be much whiter due to the acid content in the strawberry.
7) Use beetroots as a natural lip stain. Not only do they provide the perfect color to make your lips stand out, but they are filled with tons of vitamins and minerals.
8) If you have sensitive skin, use green tea bags as your facial toner. It will soothe and hydrate your skin.
9) Freeze your eyeliner! If you put your eyeliner in the freezer for 15 minutes before you apply your makeup, it will prevent the eyeliner from crumbling when you put it on; now, it will glide on effortlessly.
10) Boost your lashes with flax seed oil. Apply the flax seed oil along your lash line every night to both repair damage and stimulate growth.